I’ll definitely record anything and I can still use the typical rhythm section instruments and vocals, but here are some special things I’m looking for in particular.
- horns (trumpet,
trombone, french/english horns, alto/tenor/bari sax, etc.)
- a “wise professor”-type voice, and/or Morgan Freeman soundalike
- slide whistle
- awesome-sounding toys, especially robots
- a barbershop quartet
- people who do crazy drum loops and programming and stuff
- an occasionally snorting and shuffling horse,
ideally next to a crackling campfire either a campfire OR a horse, separately
- a complete bluegrass band that would like to learn and record a song live with me
- vibraphone / marimba / other mallet instruments
- a lawnmower
If you do any of this, or know anyone who does, don’t hesitate (or hebetate, for that matter) — drop me a line!